We're here to help with your solar questions.
If you are thinking about installing solar panels in Christchurch then you have come to the right place.
Stay updated with the latest on solar panels, batteries, solar facts and renewable news.
This is a place you can come to learn about solar panels and batteries, whether you are in Christchurch or not.
We have a good wealth of knowledge we can share with you from the Christchurch, Wanaka, Queenstown and Dunedin Branches. The solar industry is a fast moving one. By working together, we aim to help you understand and stay updated, so you can make the right choice when it comes to powering your home or business with solar.
Explore solar and battery information
It is here you can explore the benefits of solar panels, batteries, how solar systems work, electric vehicles, off-grid tips and the latest solar energy news from around the world and the Christchurch area.
Take a look around and check back regularly – we’re always trying to help spread the solar word, so there’s always something new posted here.
Want to know more about solar panels and batteries?
If you don’t find what your looking for in the articles below then send us an email with your solar question and we will get right back.
Or feel free to give us a call if you find a quick chat is much easier.
- Tesla Powerwall is the only home battery with thermal managementTesla’s car batteries are renowned for their longevity, and this is in part thanks to battery thermal management. With millions of kilometres worth of data they have proved that managing the temperature of the battery cells is the way to go. Simply, when batteries get too hot, they wear out faster. ... Read more
- Why Powerwall Battery Cells are a Game-Changer for Home Energy StorageThe Powerwall uses energy-dense NMC (Nickel Manganese Cobalt) battery cells, the same kind used in Tesla’s high-performance cars such as the Model X and S. Tesla knows that your garage space is really valuable to you. The Powerwall does not take up much room compared to other bulky home batteries because ... Read more
- What do these common solar terms mean? A Solar glossaryThere’s no avoiding it, there is a lot of jargon used in the solar industry. Between the acronyms and new technology, you’ll likely come across terms you haven’t heard before. That’s why we’ve put together a quick solar glossary of common terms. We want to make your solar research as easy ... Read more
- Using Solar to charge your EVEVs are becoming more and more common on New Zealand roads with 38,117 EVs in New Zealand (as of March 2022). The transition to EVs is expected to speed up with the Climate Change Commission recommending the government phase out imports of fossil-fueled cars by no later than 2035. A Solar ... Read more
- What to look for in a solar inverterWhat is a solar inverter? The inverter is one of the most vital parts of your solar system. It converts DC power produced by your solar panels into AC electricity for your home. Your inverter will work very hard for a long time, as it converts the sunlight that hits your roof ... Read more
- Three reasons 2023 is a great year to invest in SolarIt’s always a good time to invest in solar, but 2023 is looking like a great year for solar. Here are three reasons why. 1. Increasing strain on National Grid Electricity demand in New Zealand is increasing for a range of reasons. This includes a growing population, an increase in electric heating, ... Read more
- Bank loans - options for solar systems and batteriesMany major banks in New Zealand are now offering very low or even no interest loans to put towards energy efficient upgrades including solar and battery storage. Paying little (or no) interest on any money borrowed to install the system dramatically increases your ROI. Once we’ve assessed your property we’ll provide ... Read more
- Recommended energy retailers for solar & battery storagePicking the right energy retailer can make all the difference when it comes to getting the most from your solar system. When deciding, think about whether your main objectives are: Environmental Financial Simplicity Also, think about what’s going to work with your setup. Do you have solar only or solar and a battery? Think about ... Read more
- How Sustainable Are Solar Panels?I believe Solar is what we need in New Zealand to meet our 2025 target of 90% renewable energy. There are few opportunities for new Hydro generation due to limited locations and the environmental impact. New Zealand has such good conditions for Wind power, unfortunately NIMBYism holds wind back. You would have ... Read more
- Solar & Batteries for New buildsSolar is something most people think about when building. If you or someone you know is building new, it makes sense to start thinking of your home’s energy needs. I will give you a run through of what you should think about when it comes to solar for your new house. ... Read more