We're here to help with your solar questions.
If you are thinking about installing solar panels in Christchurch then you have come to the right place.
Stay updated with the latest on solar panels, batteries, solar facts and renewable news.
This is a place you can come to learn about solar panels and batteries, whether you are in Christchurch or not.
We have a good wealth of knowledge we can share with you from the Christchurch, Wanaka, Queenstown and Dunedin Branches. The solar industry is a fast moving one. By working together, we aim to help you understand and stay updated, so you can make the right choice when it comes to powering your home or business with solar.
Explore solar and battery information
It is here you can explore the benefits of solar panels, batteries, how solar systems work, electric vehicles, off-grid tips and the latest solar energy news from around the world and the Christchurch area.
Take a look around and check back regularly – we’re always trying to help spread the solar word, so there’s always something new posted here.
Want to know more about solar panels and batteries?
If you don’t find what your looking for in the articles below then send us an email with your solar question and we will get right back.
Or feel free to give us a call if you find a quick chat is much easier.
- Is my home suitable for solar panels?Do you use electricity? Do you have a roof (not essential)? The answer is probably yes, in which case solar is likely suitable for your home. Solar panels don’t need much to operate beyond plenty of natural light. Most people want their solar panels on their roof, so that is the main consideration ... Read more
- Is it worth installing a battery?Hands down you will have a better solar experience by having a battery as part of your setup. You will be more self-sufficient, feel secure in a power outage and also be able to ‘game the system’ by buying power when it’s cheap and using the battery when it’s expensive. In ... Read more
- How much money will I save with Solar?The long and short of it is that installing solar will save you money. You start saving money as soon as your system is turned on by reducing the amount of energy you buy from the grid. How much you save depends on two key factors: the size of your solar ... Read more
- What's in the election for renewable energy?With the election only a month away I’m sure we are all having plenty of conversations about the future of New Zealand. We’ve not been shy about our opinion on the importance of electrification and renewable energy for New Zealand’s future, and if you’re anything like us, knowing what each party ... Read more
- Top 3 reasons to get solarAfter years of installation experience, we’ve found there are three main reasons why people get solar. 1. To reduce your energy bills Tired of watching your power bills get higher and higher? Installing solar can help! Solar saves you money by allowing you to produce your own electricity in the home. Any solar ... Read more
- What size solar system do I need?Solar system size varies depending on several factors. In this article, we discuss the process for determining the right size for you. First, you should consider why you are getting solar. Your motive guides your system design. It might be to reduce your energy bill, shrink your carbon footprint or ... Read more
- 8 ways to optimise your solarAs we start to enjoy longer days, it’s a good time to check you are getting the most out of your solar system and ensure it is performing at its peak. Check out these eight super simple tips to crank up your solar savings! 1. Use timers so your appliances run during ... Read more
- How long do solar panels last?How long solar panels will last is an important factor to understand when considering solar, and we know there are a lot of myths out there. As solar panels have no moving parts, there is very little that can ‘fail’. This means solar panels can last for decades with minimal maintenance. ... Read more
- Solar Warranties 101Solar Warranties 101 – What they cover and what to consider Investing in a solar system is a smart decision, but it’s important to make sure your investment is protected with the right warranty. Each component of your system should come with its own warranty. Let’s explore the different warranties and ... Read more
- What is the Tesla Gateway?A standard Tesla Powerwall setup has two components, the Powerwall itself, which houses the battery cells and battery inverter, and the Backup Gateway. The Gateway is the hub of your system. Tesla has designed the system to be highly flexible, allowing for many location options for component placement. The Tesla Gateway serves ... Read more